2009年11月17日火曜日

Superstitions


Which part surprised you the most? What kind of Danish food do you want to try?
It's in her presentation....but I think Ms Denmark's pronunciation and intonation are differ from American English. So it was little difficult to understand for me. I surprised several things about Denmark, but....the most surprising thing for me is she is the most beautiful in Denmark! Hahaha She is exactly beautiful! I want to be her, if I could. Haha Also, I want to eat apple soup. When I heard it in her presentation, I thought " It sounds delicious!" because I like apple very much. When I go to Denmark in the future, I'll exactly try it.

Do you think it is important to talk about superstitions in cross culture communication class?Why?

Yes, I think so, because every country has different superstitions! Superstitions was invented by human from historical fact, weather, appearance, circumstances and so on. I think superstitions in every countries influenced by them so it is important to talk about superstitions.

Is communication affected by superstitions?

I don't think so. I've never talked about superstitions with my friends, family and so on.
If so, I will look down on people who believe in superstitions because I never believe in them.

Do you believe in superstitions? If yes, what superstitions do you believe? Why do you do, use, or believe in them?
I don't believe it at all because it' nothing but an illusion. I think people who believe in it are stupid. In Japan, not so long time ago, left-hander is called "giccyo" and used to be frightened because people believe that left-hander was a demon. It's so stupid! That can't be it! I am a left-hander but I'm not a demon. Like that, I think superstitions are nothing but a stupid thing. So I don't believe in them at all.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Your opinion is interesting!
    Exactly, some of them are stupid, but I think superstitions contains kind of moral.
    For example, "if you cut your nails at night, you can't see your parent's death" I guess it means "you may hurt your finger"
    So...I mean some superstitons include another meanings.

    返信削除
  2. Hi!
    I have never heard such a thing of left-hander. It is so strange!! Old people are little biased;;

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    The superstitions is interesting.
    i want to more superstitions of any other countrys.

    返信削除