2009年11月17日火曜日

Time


Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
「歳月、人を待たず」「光陰、矢の如し」 -Time and tide wait for no man.
They means passage of time never wait people so we MUST care the time. Both proverbs are almost same meaning. And the latter one is famous proverb in Japan. I like them because it's true. We don't have time machine like Doraemon. I think all of people must keep them in mind.




What do the following proverbs mean:

Time is money.

Time is money....I think it's a very famous proverb in Japan. It's "時は金なり" in Japanese.
I think it means time is fugacious and important and if we idle away, we would regret like money. So we have to care it very much.

A stitch in time saves nine.
It's "転ばぬ先の杖" in Japanese. It's also famous proverb in Japan. I think it means if we chew up some troubles which we can make prognostications, we would not need to panic.

There's no time like the present.

It means it's the best time to do it! Now or Never! This chance is a present from God!

Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.

Is this a proverb? I think it's a verbal promise of yore. People make an empty promise to friends, family and so on because people didn't have any mobile phone. So if they can't meet on time they can't contact with each other. But they don't be worry because they made the verbal promise. Before someone knows its mean transmuted like proverb.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!!!
    there are many proverbs about time.
    I mean time is so important that we express about time as proverb.

    返信削除