2009年10月4日日曜日

Death and Funerals

Reflecting about the first class

I had never care about "wrapping" since the class . But I agree with it. When I give a gift someone, I always wrap it in beautiful paper because I want to give the person who accept it the willies. And during the night, I always close the drapes because I can sleep in the darkness.

Where do I go when I die?

I don't think I go to the heaven when I die. I think that all of things have a spirit. When a body die, its spirit leaves the body and enters new one which is newborn. I believe "metempsychosis".

Why do Japanese have death memorial services after a person's die?

I think there are two reasons. First, it's a good chance to recall the person who died. Second, Buddhist monks have to earn money, so they have to do something to get money. But the latter one is absolutely my opinion. Hahaha. So Japanese have death memorial services.


9 件のコメント:

  1. Hey ya!
    You say "When a body die, its spirit leaves the body and enters new one which is newborn." I wanna ask you, dou you think we can choose new body?

    返信削除
  2. hello. About die, I and you are a little different. I don't think I go to heaven when die. it is same. but, I think there are not spirit. When i die, i disappear.

    返信削除
  3. I had never care about "wrapping" since the class. I think so too.

    返信削除
  4. To Becky
    Thank you for posting! I'll answer your question. We can't choose new body. Because I think spirit doesn't have a thinking.

    To king vs godzilla
    Hi! your opinion is different but it is interesting, isn't it?

    To pink
    Thak you for posting. I don't know wrapping is important culture in Japan.

    返信削除
  5. I agree to your opinion about death memorial services. Very realistic, and maybe it's true, isn't it :)

    返信削除
  6. To lohengrin
    Yes, I think it's true. I think Buddhist monks are little poor. hahaha

    返信削除
  7. I hadn't think about wrapping till the class, either. I had thought people from other countries wrapped things in the same way as us.

    返信削除
  8. Your answer is interesting!
    I believe "metempsychosis",too.
    But I think heaven exsit.
    People go to heaven and we will reborn, I guess.

    返信削除
  9. Great comments everyone. You all are very honest. That's great! We should give our opinion and respect others, even if it is different!

    返信削除